Je li prije bilo lakše?

Today when I get million dollars from adult web sites

http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/11/life-is-picture-but-you-live-in-pixel.html

Evo taman je Charles NGO poslao newsletter na ovu temu, pa prenosim…

Naslov je “is the affiliate marketing “gravy train” over?”

I was listening to the Tim Ferris show the other day (It’s my favorite podcast by far! I highly recommend it.)

And he did this amazing interview /w Marc Andreessen.

Who’s Marc?
He’s kind of a big deal.

He cofounded Netscape back in the day… and now he’s a cofounder of Andreessen Horowitz… the TOP venture capital firm in the valley.

There’s one part of the interview that struck a chord with me.
Here’s a link to the interesting part: Listen
Here’s what he said…
When he got to Silicon Valley in 1993, he thought he’d missed the boat. Marc worried it was TOO LATE for him to make money in tech.

Companies like Apple, Microsoft, and EA dominated the market, and it looked like all the innovation was DONE… gone… over… for personal computers.
Even though he felt it was too late, he kept pushing. You know what happened next?

• There was the dot com boom with Yahoo and eBay.
  • Then there was the web 2.0 boom… including Facebook and YouTube.
  • Then the app boom exploded with Uber, WhatsApp, and SnapChat.
    Now it’s 2016, and the tsunami waves just keep coming for the tech space.
  • Virtual reality
  • Artificial Intelligence
  • The “Internet of Things”
  • 3D Printing, and
  • many more.
    (I’m still waiting on my hoverboard. No… not that crap from China that catches fire… I mean the flying kind from the movie Back to the Future)
    In the podcast, Marc says that he and the rest of the valley… were wrong. It wasn’t “too late.” In fact, he was in exactly the right place at the right time.

He just didn’t have the perspective to see it at the time.

Perspective comes later… after you put in the hard work.

But what he did have was VISION… enthusiasm… and a willingness to work hard.

That’s what he leaned on in those early days. And it’s how he became wildly successful. (Estimated net worth is $600 million)

I can relate to Marc’s struggle.

One of my biggest fears when I first started out, was that I was late to the affiliate marketing party… way back in 2008.

I know it’s kinda funny now looking back, but here’s what was going through my mind

In 2007:
Ringtones were the “hot” vertical at the time, and that got shut down.
People made millions from “adsense arbitrage” and that got shut down.
It seemed as if all the golden opportunities were gone and I was too late. I didn’t want to invest all this time, money, and energy into affiliate marketing and find out it was dead.

But I pushed my fears aside, and launched those first few campaigns anyway.

Why?

Sure, some people think “what if it’s too late.”

But I just kept asking myself, “WHAT IF IT’S NOT?”

At 22 I wasn’t going to be an athlete, rockstar, or movie star. But at the same time I wanted that kind of life.

A life where I didn’t have to worry about money. A life where I had the freedom to go where I want, and to do what I want.

I figured affiliate marketing was my best shot at this.

There’s NOTHING I hate more than the feeling of regret.

I didn’t want to look back one day and REGRET that I didn’t seize the chance.

I went 100% and within 6 months, I did over a million in profit. What if I thought it was “too late?” Then instead of taking action I’d be an affiliate groupie sitting around doing nothing.
I have to ask you:

Do you “overthink” too much? Do you overanalyze everything?

Don’t worry, I do too. It’s a sign of high intelligence.

But NEVER let too much thinking stop you from taking action. Don’t let perfectionism be a form of procrastination.

That was then…

What about you in 2016?

So, you might be thinking it’s “too late for you” to make money in affiliate marketing…

… or wondering:

“Oh, there’s too much competition.”
“Is affiliate marketing oversaturated?”
"I heard it’s getting harder and harder."
I disagree. Here’s why.

1. Traffic is growing.
    It’s simple. More people are logging on to the internet for the first time each day. AND, people are more comfortable buying from the internet.

What does this do to your competition? The amount of hungry traffic is growing exponentially compared to how many new affiliates there are. From that perspective, there’s no competition at all.
2. There are more traffic sources and options than ever before.
This is what’s hot now:

NativeAds
Facebook
Mobile
e-Commerce
(and adult, PPV, Google Search, etc. STILL make bank)
The traffic sources are easier to monetize. There are new formats available in Mobile (such as full-page interstitials), and look at how fast Facebook keeps innovating.
3. Most affiliates suck.

I think you guys really overestimate the competition.

A lot of affiliates don’t treat this like a business. They do the bare minimum amount of work and they just copy what others do.

I wouldn’t worry about them.

Competition means there’s money to be made. Just focus on being better than they are.

Will affiliate marketing ever die?

Every year, I hear someone say affiliate marketing’s dying. But the reality is: It’s 2016 and we’re still kicking ass.
You know when affiliate marketing’s going to die?

• When lonely people aren’t interested in finding a date,
  • When overweight people don’t wanna lose weight,
  • When success-seekers don’t want to make more money,
  • When people stop being bored, and
  • When no one is interested in installing a new game.
    Sounds stupid, right?

Affiliate marketing won’t die, but keeps evolving.

There’s always another “boom”

Ringtones 2008
Health / Beauty 2009
Facebook 2010
Adult 2012
Mobile 2013
NativeAds 2016
What next in 2017

If I dropped into a coma today, and woke up 10 years later….I’d STILL make money in affiliate marketing.

The traffic sources and offers change, but the FUNDAMENTALS remain the same.

Here’s something for you to think about: “The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is now.” – proverb
Talk soon,
Charles

P.S. Where are you gonna be a year from now? Hopefully you’ll be kicking ass in affiliate marketing and not letting your beliefs hold you back.

P.P.S I hope you’re enjoying this series of emails. I’ve been working hard to improve my writing skills.

Sorry if they’re little long - I get super excited when I teach :slight_smile:

1 Like